Zoning Administrator

Dan Webster

Phone: (584-4108)

An administrative officer, sometimes called a zoning administrator or officer, shall be appointed by the planning commission, with the approval of the legislative body, for a term of three years promptly after the adoption of bylaws or when a vacancy occurs. 24 V.S.A. § 4442. The administrative officer shall provide an interested party with all forms required to obtain any municipal land use permit. The administrative officer should also coordinate efforts to provide an interested party with all other relevant permit information, such as state land use permits, and with informational resources, such as the regional planning commission. 24 V.S.A. § 4442(c). The administrative officer shall strictly interpret the zoning bylaws, and no land development may commence without a permit issued by the administrative officer, who shall also be required to post the permit during the appeal period and deliver a copy to the listers. 24 V.S.A. §§ 4442–4443. The administrative officer is also responsible for instituting enforcement action in the name of the municipality for violations of the bylaws. 24 V.S.A. § 4445.

Groton Zoning Bylaws were revised as of May 3, 2023

Groton Zoning Permit Application

Groton Subdivision Permit Application

Note that State permits are required for many building/construction activities. For more information on when State permits are required and the State permit process, click here. State of VT Permits

When complete, Groton permit applications can be submitted to the Town Office, along with the fee stated on the form.

Town of Groton
1476 Scott Highway
Groton, VT 05046