Phillip and I try our best to control cost while maintaining a level of service that keeps up with needed maintenance of roads. We welcome input and if you have any ideas or concerns please let us know.
Town garage: (802) 584-3209 Pagers (802) 290-1355 or 290-1354, or stop by the garage.
Road Commissioner - Brent Smith / firstname.lastname@example.org
Equipment Operator - Phillip Palmer
WINTER OPERATIONS PLAN
1. TH #1 (Powder Spring Rd.) and TH #2 (Minard Hill Rd.) have priority followed by school bus routes, then major traffic routes and then we will plow the roads which we feel cause the most problems for the public (traffic volume, steepness) and other roads in the most cost efficient manner.
2. The town
3. The town office and fire station lot should be plowed enough to let emergency vehicles in and out and the public in and out during office hours. (parking lot needs to be empty of vehicles to plow completely.)
4. The town will enforce no parking rules at all places where the plow trucks turn around.
parked or abandoned in right-of-way or on town-owned property may be moved at
owner’s expense. The Town of
6. No person shall plow or otherwise deposit snow onto the traveled way, shoulder or sidewalk of a class 2 or 3 town highway. (23 VSA § 1126A).
7. The town does not plow class 4 roads or private roads.
8. After 16 hours on the job we are required to stop operations and get a minimum of 6 hours off.
will be applied to class 2 paved roads and paved end of
10. Sand will be applied to the gravel roads. (at temperatures below 0° sand, will not stay on the road)
11. On nights and weekends there will be a lower level of maintenance to help control costs. In most cases there will be no maintenance between 10pm and 4am.
12. Sidewalks are cleaned in the early morning, then again when state and town highway departments are done plowing. This takes about 3-1/2 hours.